Pages

a

"I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."

Friday, May 21, 2010

Ip Man 2...


I just watched the movie yesterday and it was awesome... The movie has all elements combined... Lots of actions, plus family drama, patriotism etc...

Ip Man 2 is a much better film than its predecessor, in terms of characterization and storyline. The film focuses on disputes between the disciples of Hung Ga and Wing Chun martial arts, as well as the conflict and rivalry of the two practitioners. Screenwriter Edmond Wong stated that the film also "deals with how Hong Kong people were treated under British colonial rule, and Western attitudes concerning Chinese kung-fu." Even though i did not waver in my hypothesis (even for a second) that ip man will win in the end, the story was still exciting from the beginning until the end...

And kung-fu, albeit being a Chinese culture, is a cross-cultural phenomenon, thanks to Bruce Lee, Jet Li etc... When i was watching other Chinese movies before this, most of the audience (90%) seems to be Chinese. However, yesterday, as i entered the cinema to watch ip man 2, i noticed that the all Malaysian races are well-represented in terms of audience. Proving that everybody enjoys good action movies...


(thanks a lot to Fadhil Yusof for introducing me to the first ip man movie)

I strongly recommend other to check out this movie... Serius Best...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails