Pages

a

"I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm deleting your number from my handphone


Deleting a number from my handphone has always been a very hard thing for me to do... I thought that it was just me being sentimental, but apparently, I'm not the only one who feels this way... 
There are at least 3 more people having this same problem (Marshal, Lily and Robin)... TV can made us realize that we are not the only one facing a particular problem, and it helps a lot... For all I know now, maybe you have this problem too...
     "It's not that easy, you’re not just deleting a number… you’re deleting a part of your life…  You know all those memories, all those experiences, It’s like you’re admitting they’re gone forever…"
     "Lily, this is a number that you will never dial again,  but you keep it in your phone because it reminds you of the version of yourself that you could be, even if it is a version of yourself that you’ll never become and that’s okay..."
These are quotes from HIMYM season 6 episode 3, on deleting contact number from your cellphone...
Everytime I scrolled down my contact list with the intention of "cleaning" the people I've not contacted for a very long time from the list, I ended up reminiscing on each of the contact...
I think about the programs that I joined with them or classes I took with them or schools I went to with them or interviews that I endured with each of them... Nostalgic...
And in the end, I ended up only deleting a few of my old contacts (because I'm afraid that deleting them would make me forget them), and this is only after convincing myself that I may not contact these few contacts anymore and maybe I'll still remember them because they're on my facebook etc...
Just like what Robin said above, deleting the contact number is like deleting a part of your life... And even though I never wanted to delete part of my life, sometimes it is necessary to move on... 
And as time goes by, and as life goes on, new contacts enter into my phone, and some of the very very old ones are deleted from my phone, but not in my mind (insyaAllah)...
-The End-

3 comments:

debonairs88 said...

aku sng je nk delete dlm fon.. tp nk delete dr memory tu yg ssh :)

ezud zaliy said...

fuh, memory kuat... ko hafal semua nombor tepon orang ke? hehe

debonairs88 said...

haha..aku xde la delete2 number org kwn2 lame ke ape..aku delete number org yg aku rase da tnk contact lg.. biasenye num yg kite sll contact la kan..number pn dah terhafal..:p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails